Monday 20 April 2009

Notions about Yoga

Well i decided to spit some thoughts or scrible some words on the blank board so that i some day use this as formative notions or prpagatory idea.I wanted to write to you a few thoughts about yoga in particular and yoga research in particular.My motivation for such a formation is because i am exposed to many things through Ananda Marga.But i am very sure this was required since other forms of learning and research have been crippled by some events in my countries past.Apart from the impact colonial occupation had on

I talk in particular about asana and pranayama including yogic diet. I think before i dwell in detail about the above mentioned topics and my thoughts,i would give a brief introduction about myself. I am Tapan Vikas, currently working in munich.I come from a small village in Karnataka near Sringeri. I like you am an engineer,but probably this is where the similarities end.I am an eager enthusiast in explorartion and inqusitiveness.I did my bachelors in Electronics and communication from SJCE mysore and further went on to pursue my masters in VLSI from IIT Delhi.I am no god men and trying to find my way away from religion.Can we work for the research of Today i sit back
to recollect my thoughts about yoga.Currently i am reading Bhagavatgita and my notion of this book is that it is a book of ethics and philosophy.
I also see a mention of yoga in there.Recollecting my notions about yoga,i remember many names of persons and organisations. P.R Sarkar,
Ravi Shankar,Aurobindo, many god men and also as many organisations.I first of all have a great intrest in discussing your views on the topic.
It is true that we are as a sciety undergoing a paradigm shift in the way we learn.After reading aurgumentative indian from Amartya Sen i am more
inclined to say that we are a victim of Mills history and Macualy policy.Macualy policy basically challenged our basic research and propagation model in india.
It put the notion of Institutes of higher learning as opposed to saffron.I guess and believe that you are not the one who holds such notion but if you do hold such a notion
we still can take it as a minor digression from our main point.What i dont like to see is only godmen speaking about Yoga.So in my

No comments: