Friday 5 December 2008

how do i call my blog

Netra asked me how i called my blog.I didn't know that i was supposed to call it something.
She somehow made me realize that i had orphaned my blog.I hate incompetent parenting.
How can a conceiver do some thing and fail in his basic responsibility of providing the identity.
I am not sure if name accomplishes that,but lack of name gives a stark indication that this entity wasn't meant to be.But still i felt i come from a culture where any newborn is named after sometime.Maybe 3 months.But my blog is still a month old.Now i sit and think what do i call it.

I called it "Begin of Blogging" when i posted the first blog.This is like the pet names many of us carry.My masi's called me Bunty.My atte's didnt bother to call me anything other than papu.A common name most of the kids in karnataka are called.In comparision Bunty was a little special,but latter i found out that there are more than a million buntties in India.So i wanted to give my blog a special name, an unique name a charming name.Like most of the times,i am more at a loss of words than at a loss of thought.

I am very sure that I never wanted to call it" Begin of Blogging",but i ended up doing so.Isn't it like this in most aspects of life that we don't know how to do something and then we are struck with a default state.Most parents take advantage of this very weakness and feed children to religion or maybe feed children with religion.I am happy and thankful to all people who shake my slumber and make me realise that the state i occupy is a default state,which lacks vigor.

Further Jolly told me yesterday that to live a life person need two things.Strong Roots to be grounded and Wide feathers to explore the world.His statement made me realize that i posses an abnormally strong root and a meek wings.I wanted to find a word for this thought but i think one can only paint rather than express in words.

I wanted to call it random strokes of brush,but i know i really don't paint thoughts always.

As the motivation of blogging was to enhance my ability to compose i thought i call it Improviastions.I almost froze this one.Took a look at the preview,i thought it was cool.But from somewhre a lightening of guilt struck me.I thought i have a concept which i can only express in my native language.Even there i cant sound sophisticated but i can be more content.
I tried footprints,impressions,trail,and most of the words from dictionary.com.But i felt nothing cameclose to kandana Hejja.
"Kandana Hejja",I decided to stick to it as this comes from mothertongue.Even though sometimes I feel that I have been unjust to this language, I feel that this language has been very unfair to me.Unfair in the sense that It for me seems more difficult than to my sister or many people i know.I never figured out why but i must also admit that i didnt make much effort to correct the anamolous state.Some day i will do it.But today i know that this is the language that comes to my aide when i want to express someting and am incompetant to do in most languages which i believe to know.Not olly does this term come from Kannada but it also expreses aptly my endeavour.It aptly describes my act of blogging.
KANDANA HEJJA

1 comment:

Unknown said...

but what does it mean yera?